Hypnosis for a calmer childbirth
Hypnotherapy is a useful tool in dealing with levels of discomfort during all stages of childbirth. Are you a first time mum worried about how you will deal with the birth? Or have you been through childbirth before and want to feel more in control this time?
I have two children myself so can appreciate the questions which go through the minds of pregnant ladies. Whichever situation you are in and whatever childbirth method you choose (home birth, water birth etc) a happier more relaxed mother means a more relaxed baby and hypnosis can help you achieve this.
A programme of 3 sessions incorporates positive visualisation and suggestions (very similar to hypnobirthing) to encourage relaxation and alter your perception of the birth. Expectant mums are also taught self hypnosis techniques and audios are provided too.
Ideally the programme starts at week 30 to 34 but if you have left it late and do not have time to schedule the whole programme of sessions before your baby’s birth, I have had ladies who have only had time for one or two sessions and still found them to be beneficial. Click here for details of the costs involved.
Benefits of using hypnotherapy for childbirth:-
- Less or no medication/intervention needed
- Often a faster arrival time for the baby and easier delivery (when your mind is calm, your body is more relaxed)
- The potential for faster bonding with baby and parents (before and after the birth)
- Releases fears and worries
- A happy, relaxed childbirth with you in charge
- Reduce the likelihood of antenatal and post natal depression